Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Tomorrow's Sun by Becky Melby

Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary #1)

by
Emily Foster won’t allow herself to move on until she earns enough money to make
restitution for the accident that stole a young girl’s dreams. Flipping houses sounds like the fast track to her goal, but when her first project turns out to be a stop on the Underground Railroad, Emily finds
herself drawn to, but at odds with, the contractor she hires. Jake Braden needs to focus on gaining guardianship of his late sister’s twins, but the story of lost love uncovered in Emily’s house sets the
stage for what might become his own lost love.
(Goodreads.com)

This book was non-stop twists and turns the plot just seemed to get thicker and thicker as the story unfolded.  The story contained flashes into the past of Emily and the individuals that previously owned the home and participated in the Underground Railroad.  Emily is a character that is well developed and has a great deal of depth.  I felt really a part of the book like I was sitting in the room watching the story unfold.  I was drawn to Jake's character very quickly and found his character was
also greatly developed.  It was evident that this author took time in developing these characters which I love.  Picking the center of the story to be around an old historical home was also very appealing to me as I have an affinity to old historic homes that tell stories about the people who lived there previously.  I look forward to reading more from this author.  


I found this book for my NOOK by following this link.  Tomorrow's Sun for NOOK

Have you read this book? What did you think?  Do you have any books that fit my genre that you would like for me to review?  Send me an email and let me know mydevotiondaily@gmail.com
I have attached a song that is really touching me this week.  Hope you enjoy!  

Blessings until next time....L

No comments:

Post a Comment