Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Color of Heaven by Julianne MacLean

Publisher Description

"Sophie Duncan is a successful columnist whose world falls apart after her daughter's unexpected illness and her husband's shocking affair. When it seems nothing else could possibly go wrong, her car skids off an icy road and plunges into a frozen lake. There, in the cold, dark depths of the water, Sophie experiences something profound and extraordinary--something that unlocks the secrets from her past, and teaches her what it means to truly live"

This book is one of my favorites so far, I felt the book was well written the characters were well defined and had depth.  It was a story of forgiveness and finding your way when your world is crumbling around you.  I cried during this book which is very rare for me, with Megan's diagnosis.  The first night I started this book I read almost 200 pages, on my Nook the book was a little over 400 pages.  I simply hung on every word.  I thought the author did an outstanding job in bringing the characters to life and making them realistic.  Showing the true meaning of triumph over tragedy.
 
I was fortunate enough to find this book for FREE during one Barnes and Nobles Free Book Fridays. 

Psalm 118:1 "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Have you read this book? What do you think?
  
Please follow me to get my latest reviews!  My next review will be on Friday July 18th .

Blessing until next time!  L.

No comments:

Post a Comment